Dear God’s Beloved One,
“Where there is no vision [no redemptive revelation of God], the people perish; but he who keeps the law [of God, which includes that of man] -blessed (happy, fortunate, and enviable) is he.
Proverbs 29:18 AMP
Where are you in life? Are you where you want to be? Which vision are you following? Are you following God’s vision for your life?
These are the questions that I have asked myself time and time again in previous self evaluations .I found that either I didn’t have a vision and I was doing my own thing; I was following the vision I had for my own life and end up working harder not smarter; or I was following someone else’s vision and I was just not happy. In attempting to follow God’s vision for my life, I found that I had a peace and increasing desire to achieve what God had laid out for me. In His vision it challenges some of the things that I thought I knew about myself.
When God gives a vision to his people, it could cause us to become overwhelmed with excitement or we dismiss it and turn it down .However, it is given so that we won’t perish. Often He is challenging your way of doing things, the way you think about Him, the way you respond to Him, and the way you think about yourself. He gives the vision to you because He knows you can handle it .He knows you can accomplish it. However in order to accomplish it you have to be willing to do things out of the ordinary. You have to be willing to receive, do, and believe what He says it will take to achieve it.
Below are a few questions that I would love for you to read and answer honestly. After reading meditate on the scripture and ask God what His vision is for your life.
If you would like to use this for others, a printable version is located under the Life Foundations page as “The Art of a God Given Vision”
- Do I know what God’s vision is for my life?
- Have I written it down on paper and in my heart?(Habakkuk2:2)
- Do I believe I can accomplish the vision with God’s help?(Philippians 4:13)
- Have I counted the cost of the vision?( Luke 14 :25-30)
- Do I know what it would take for me to achieve the vision?
- Am I willing to do what it takes to achieve the vision?
- Am I willing to change the way I think?
- Am I willing to abide by different standards?
- What actions am I taking to accomplish the vision?(James 2:20)
Leave a Reply