Dear God’s Beloved One ,
What do you do with your time ? Is your time spent running from here to there? The Bible says that we should number our days, meaning we should take careful thought to how we spend each minute. Because our lives is nothing but a vapor , we have to make each second count .Two years ago I attended a service in which Pastor Kerry Shook taught on being “weird” with your time. It was based on the book called Weird by Craig Broeschel. Here are the notes from that sermon describing the key questions you should consider when committing your time .
Teach us to number our days , that we may get us a heart of wisdom
Psalm 90:12 AMP
Five questions you should ask yourself concerning commitment of your time
- Is it worth my life?- Does the commitment line up with the will of God? you will spend most of your time based on your priorities . If your biggest priority is work then you will spend most of your time at work .
- Is it a divine opportunity or a beautiful distraction ? – Does the commitment take me away from the purpose and the will that God has for my life?
- Does it make me come alive or do I die each day ?- Will the commitment line up with God’s words and I enjoy it or is it a dreaded chore. Many people talk about their job as if it
- Will it encroach on my sacred margin? Does the commitment take me away from my time with God ? Are you spending less and less time with God?
- What are you waiting for ? Procrastination only help us waste time . Can you spend that time working on the will God has for you ?